McIntosh Dental is currently open for emergency dental care. This is an essential service we are providing to patients during the Alert 4 lock down phase. So what constitutes emergency dental care?
If you believe you require dental treatment we will first conduct an assessment over the phone. If we determine that your situation cannot be alleviated or managed via the phone then we may schedule an appointment for you to see us in person. These phone conversations are an essential first step – we will not take any walk-ins.
A dental emergency could be:
- Severe pain that cannot be controlled by medication such as paracetamol
- Fractured teeth or dental pulp exposure
- Adjustment or repair of a dental appliance if it is likely to impact significantly on health
- Dental trauma including oral lacerations or injuries such as a permanent tooth being knocked out of its socket
- Serious swelling
- Bleeding that cannot be controlled
- Dental conditions that have led to infections which result in illness or raised temperatures
- Acute infections that are likely to exacerbate existing medical conditions such as diabetes
If you have dental concerns please phone us on 837-2598. We are open from 8:00am – 1:00pm, seven days per week. If you phone out of these hours please leave us a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch with you.