Professional teeth cleaning by a dental hygienist has become increasingly popular in recent years as people value their oral health and the importance of preventing dental problems.
What Is Teeth Cleaning?
This is a dental hygiene treatment performed by a dental hygienist. It involves removing plaque and tartar using scaling and planing processes to clean your tooth surfaces and pockets.
Ultrasonic dental cleaning uses a special tool called an ultrasonic scaler to effectively remove tartar and calculus from your teeth where there is a large build-up, or if you have periodontal disease.
The teeth cleaning process and the tools used do not in any way damage your teeth or enamel. They safely remove the plaque and bacteria present, leaving your teeth and gums healthier and stronger.
Hygiene appointments usually last 30-45 minutes depending on your specific needs. Your dental hygienist will advise how often you should have a teeth cleaning appointment to maintain good oral health.
Benefits Of Professional Teeth Cleaning
- Prevent plaque and tartar from building up and causing dental issues
- Effective for keeping gum disease from progressing
- Compliments your at-home brushing and flossing techniques, especially as your hygienist can advise on how to best care for your teeth and gums at home
- Ensures any hard-to-reach and troublesome areas in your mouth are well maintained
- Removes surface staining on your teeth for an instant brightening effect
- Provides peace of mind that your teeth are healthy, look great and that you are investing in your smile for years to come
Please contact us to book your professional teeth cleaning.