Good oral health and dental hygiene plays such an important role in your total health and wellbeing. Not only can poor oral health cause bad breath, tooth decay and gum disease, it can also increase your risk of a stroke, heart attack and cardiovascular disease.
Signs Of Poor Oral Health
- Tooth pain and discomfort
- Bleeding gums
- Receding gums
- Bad breath
- Teeth that feel loose
- Swollen and inflamed gums
For maintaining great oral hygiene, we recommend a combination of twice-yearly Dental Hygienist appointments and maintaining good oral hygiene routines at home.
Oral Hygiene At Home
Our Dentists and Dental Hygienists will advise you on how to take care of your oral health at home, for example:
- The right type of toothbrush for you
- Correct brushing techniques
- Correct flossing techniques
- Any changes you should watch out for
- Awareness of the types of food and drink which may contribute to teeth staining or tooth decay
Having great dental routines will help to keep your teeth healthy, clean and white in-between dental check ups. As well as protecting your smile, it can help to save you money on dental procedures which may be preventable with good hygiene.