Sleep Dentistry is a very popular service we offer that relieves any nervousness or fears of visiting the dentist.
- Do you find yourself anxious at the thought visiting of the dentist?
- Have you put off getting important dental work done because of your fear?
- Do you have a number of dental needs that need addressing over the course of multiple visits?
If you fit into any of these categories, then sleep dentistry may be a great solution for you.
What is sleep dentistry?
Sleep dentistry involves one long dental appointment where the patient is given an intravenous sedation to relax them. The sedative – used in clinics and hospitals worldwide – is both safe and effective and allows patients to sleep through the entire dental procedure.
We provide the most advanced intravenous sedation available in New Zealand.
What are the benefits of sleep dentistry?
There are a number of major advantages of using sleep dentistry. It:
- Is a great time saver as all required dental treatment – from fillings to root canals to crowns and even multiple extractions – can be provided in one appointment.
- Reduces anxiety levels as you can sleep through the entire procedure. You can walk out afterward and not remember a thing.
- Reduces jaw soreness from having to hold your mouth open for extended periods.
- Minimises the gag reflex so dentists can perform their work unhindered.
- Avoids patient fear triggers such as sights, sounds and smells associated with dental procedures.
- Results in a more relaxed patient which allows dentists to work in an optimal environment, often speeding up the procedure which can mean monetary savings for the patient.
- Is the most relaxing and comfortable way to get dentistry done.
An important thing to keep in mind when using sleep dentistry
Even though you’ll be up on your feet after your treatment, a friend or family member will collect you as you will not be able to drive for the rest of the day.